All prospective students who wish to apply to an undergraduate or graduate program at WMU may do so by submitting an online application.
For questions and advising, visit the International Admissions and Services office (IAS). Their office is located on the 3rd floor of the Faunce Student Services building.
When applying for admission, international students must provide proof of language proficiency.
CELCIS completion meets the language proficiency requirements for restricted admission to all undergraduate programs and most graduate programs.
To meet the language proficiency requirements for restricted admission to the university, CELCIS students MUST:
- Pass all Advanced-level classes (Speaking/Listening, Grammar/Communication, Reading/Writing 1, and Reading/Writing 2) with a final grade of C/75 or better for an automatic recommendation to WMU.
- Received a passing grade in BOTH Reading/Writing 1 and Reading/Writing 2. A combined grade will not be given.
- In the summer semester, advanced students must pass both summer I and summer II classes to meet the language proficiency requirements for admission to the university.
Applicants who have completed CELCIS or have achieved an official English proficiency test score that meets Western Michigan University's requirement for the restricted enrollment option will be required to pass an English course with a grade of "C" or better during the first term of enrollment:
- A-S 3600: ACHIEVING IN ACADEMIC ENGLISH: EMPHASIS ON READING AND WRITING (5 credits)
- A-S 3610: DEVELOPING PROFICIENCY IN ENGLISH: EMPHASIS ON SPEAKING AND LISTENING (5 credits)
- GRAD 5010: ACADEMIC COMMUNICATION FOR INTERNATIONAL GRADUATE STUDENTS (3 credits)
For more information, write: firstname.lastname@example.org