Parking Services hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
All stickers and permits may be purchased during business hours at Parking Services located at 2507 W. Michigan Avenue (one block east of the intersection of Howard Street and West Michigan Avenue). 2017-18 permits may also be purchased at Bernhard Center One Stop during designated dates and times from August 30, 2017, through September 8, 2017. If Parking Services is closed, temporary one-day permits may be obtained at the WMU Police Department, 511 Monroe Street, Kalamazoo.
Students residing in residence halls and other people residing in university housing during fall and spring semesters shall pay the full time, academic year rate of $300. Commuter student and temporary employee registration fees shall be paid according to the following schedule.
|Full-time, Academic Year (Sept. 1, 2017 through Aug. 31, 2018)||$ 300|
|Full-time, Fall/Spring (per semester, commuter students only)||$ 180|
|Part-time, Fall/Spring (per semester)||$ 130|
|Summer I/Summer II (each session)||$ 65|
- There is no ticketing in student lots only from August 19, 2017, through September 11, 2017; however, vehicles must be legally parked.
- Daily permits may be purchased for $5. Weekly permits may be purchased for $15.
- All motor vehicles parked on Western Michigan University property by employees, students and people residing on campus must be registered with Parking Services and shall properly display a WMU parking permit.
- Parking permits must be paid by cash, check or credit card (MasterCard, Visa, and Discover). All open tickets must be paid before permits can be obtained.
- A WMU Bronco ID, valid driver's license, and current vehicle registration are needed to complete the vehicle registration process. An apartment lease is also required to obtain a permit for an on-campus apartment sticker. A departmental appointment letter is also required for graduate assistants.
- Students and staff who have a valid state issued handicap permit/accessible permit are also required to have a current WMU permit to park on campus.
- Faculty and staff are reminded that parking permits issued to them are for their personal use only and are not to be used by family members or others. Violations may result in fines, loss of parking privileges, and impounding the vehicle.
- Visitors must park at campus meters or purchase a temporary permit. Payment at a meter may be made with quarters or by a cell phone through Parkmobile.com. Instructions are listed on each campus meter. Refer to Regulations 6.0.
Parking information may change at any time. If you have parking questions, please call Parking Services at (269) 387-4609.