Learn more about recent news in the College of Arts and Sciences at Western Michigan University.
Submit your news items online to the College of Arts and Sciences.
College of Arts and Sciences
- Dr. Devin Bloom’s fish biology course set sail on Lake Michigan to research freshwater science and sustainability
Dr. Tiffany Schriever and her students study how aquatic communities in the wetlands respond to environmental changes
A team of WMU students led by Drs. Mohamed Sultan and Matt Reeves research hazardous toxins produced by harmful algal blooms (HABs)
Dr. Daniel Macfarlane searches for balance between freshwater policies and societal usage
Drs. Carla Koretsky and Kathryn Docherty conducted research on road salt contamination in Kalamazoo-area urban lakes
- WMU launches intercultural and anthropological studies institute
World-renowned economist Dr. Susan Pozo received WMU Distinguished Faculty Scholar Award
- Dr. Chien-Juh Gu publishes book on prejudices international women often face
- Hassan Alsaeed and Callahan DeCillis, two students in our film, video and media studies program in the School of Communication, created promotional video for Giving Day at WMU
- Alumnus, storyteller brings American legend to the screen: Bob Hercules (B.A. '79) won a Peabody Award for his documentary on poet, activist and author Maya Angelou.
Three high-profile graduates received WMU’s Distinguished Alumni Award
- The college recently recognized 20 honorees with the Alumni Achievement Award and three with the inaugural Pillar Award
- A physics approach to stroke: Sarah Hulbert George (B.S. '13) uses her WMU training in physics to advance methods of stroke rehabilitation
- Emily Hawrysz (B.B.A. '09, Economics) lands job at the Federal Bureau of Investigation
Sign up to receive our newsletters
To receive information via email, update your contact information.