Academic Dismissal and Readmission

If you have been academically dismissed from Western Michigan University and wish to return to complete a degree in the College of Arts and Sciences:

  1. Complete the University online application for undergraduate readmission
  2. Complete the College of Arts and Sciences Readmission Questionnaire

    Submit completed applications to:
    College of Arts and Sciences Office of Advising
    Western Michigan University
    1903 W. Michigan Ave
    Kalamazoo, MI 49008-5309

    or drop off at 2318 Friedmann Hall.

  3. If you last attended WMU four or more years ago, you may also apply for academic forgiveness

Petitioning for readmission does not guarantee automatic readmission to the University.  The decision to readmit is determined by the College of Arts and Sciences Readmission Committee or the WMU Office of Admissions.

If re-admitted:

  1. Schedule an appointment to meet with one of the committee members listed on your acceptance letter (processing your readmission will not be done as a walk-in). Deadlines for readmission appointments exist. Call (269) 387-4366 for college requirements.
  2. Meet with the departmental advisors for each of your intended major(s) and minor(s) to determine your eligibility to satisfactorily complete those programs. Individual academic departments may have specific requirements and restrictions for certain majors and minors.
  3. Request that an official copy of transcripts from other institutions be sent to the WMU Office of Admissions so that a credit evaluation can be completed.