The College of Arts and Sciences represents the academic heart and liberal arts core of Western Michigan University and provides a broad range of academic programs for students. As the largest college at WMU, we:
- Employ more than 330 full-time faculty members
- Enroll more than 5,000 majors and more than 1,000 graduate students across 26 departments and interdisciplinary programs
- Provide the foundation for the general education curriculum at WMU
- Teach approximately half of all student credit hours at all WMU campuses
- Implementation across six strategic priorities of the college strategic plan
Our faculty has received awards and scholarships from the following organizations:
- Fulbright Program
- Gates Cambridge
- Guggenheim Foundation
- Harry S. Truman Scholarship Foundation
- Morris K. Udall and Stewart L. Udall Foundation
- National Endowment for the Humanities
- National Science Foundation
Faculty of the college rank among the finest scholars and researchers at WMU. The college's faculty are among the best teachers and scholars anywhere in the nation.
Student learning and success is our top priority. Our students are high achievers and have been recipients of the very competitive and distinguished Goldwater Fellowships and Fulbright awards.
We would like to hear from you, so send us an email, give us a call, write us a letter and be sure to visit.