Ackley/Shilling attracts a variety of talented and involved students, and the hall promotes an environment tailored to academic success. Special features include a Student Success Center and a fitness room. Students in Western Michigan University's Lee Honors College can opt to live in the honors or honors STEM community. The hall also hosts the Sustainability community, which supports exploring WMU's green scene and promoting a sustainable lifestyle.
- Honors Community
- Honors STEM Community
- Sustainability Community
- Student Success Center
- Extended quiet hours beginning at 8 p.m.
- Coed floors with suites assigned by gender
- Fitness room
- Loftable furniture
- Card access system for interior and exterior doors
- Dining hall located within the Valley I complex
Suites consist of two rooms that share a connecting bathroom. A total of four people live in a suite.
- Two beds and mattresses—bunkable, loftable (kit in room)
- Two desks
- Two chairs
- One six-drawer dresser
- One recycling bin
- Trash can (upon request)
What about the bathroom?
- One shower and toilet, partitioned off for privacy
- Counter with two sinks
- Two medicine cabinets with mirrors
- Four towel bars
- One trash can
Hall director: Nate Robinson
Graduate assistant: Kayla Tennant
Hall office phone: (269) 387-4755
Front desk phone: (269) 387-4754