Ackley/Shilling residents are a lively group so there is always an event or social networking opportunity happening in the hall. Residents can always find workout partners or just someone with whom you can grab a meal. Shilling Hall transfer residents live in single rooms that are provided at a discounted rate during their first academic year at WMU. Ackley Hall is host to the Sustainability community, which supports exploring WMU's green scene and promoting a sustainable lifestyle.
- Shilling transfer student community (must be sophomore status or above)
- Sustainability Community
- Extended quiet hours beginning at 8 p.m. (2015-16 only)
- Coed floors with suites assigned by gender
- Fitness room
- Loftable furniture
- Card access system for interior and exterior doors
- Dining center located within the Valley neighborhood
Suites consist of two rooms that share a connecting bathroom. A total of two (Shilling) or four (Ackley) people live in a suite.
- Bed and mattress per person
- Two desks
- Two chairs
- One six-drawer dresser
- One recycling bin
- Trash can (upon request)
What about the bathroom?
- One shower and toilet, partitioned off for privacy
- Counter with two sinks
- Two medicine cabinets with mirrors
- Four towel bars
- One trash can