Whatever your major, there is a study abroad program suited for you!
Studying abroad through the College of Arts and Sciences at Western Michigan University is an experience that can greatly enhance your education by raising your geographical and cultural awareness and increasing your employability for businesses seeking new hires who can function effectively in our global economy.
The Association of American Colleges and Universities and the National Association of Colleges and Employers indicate this is an area in which 63 percent of new college graduates do not have adequate skills.
Find a program that works for you:
Find a program in your field of study
- Biological sciences
- Political science
Study abroad program advising with a study abroad specialist
- Schedule an appointment between 1 to 4:30 p.m. every other Thursday afternoon
- Students may walk in between 1 to 4 p.m. every other Thursday afternoon (March 7 and 21; April 4 and 18) in the College of Arts and Sciences advising office
- To make other arrangements, contact firstname.lastname@example.org, study abroad specialist, at (269) 387-5890
I've been accepted to study abroad, now what?
College of Arts and Sciences students need to have study abroad courses pre-approved for use in your WMU degree.
- Enter course descriptions for each individual course that interests you into your online application/blue course approval form.
- Enter course descriptions for more courses than you anticipate registering for so you already have pre-approvals for back-up courses if you are not able to enroll in your preferred courses.
- If you wish to use a course for either a major or minor and in your general education, you need to have it evaluated by your major/minor advisor prior to visiting the LEC advising office for general education approval.
- If you find other courses that interest you upon arrival at your study abroad site, you may still have these courses approved. You will need to enter the course descriptions into your online approval form and then email the appropriate advisor from your WMU Webmail Plus account to request the additional approvals.
- Schedule appointment to meet with appropriate advisor for course approvals. Take your student ID and application ID (issued to you when you completed your online application) to your advising appointments.
- Major course – Meet with your major advisor
- Minor course – Meet with your minor advisor
- Language courses that are not part of a major or minor – Department of World Languages and Literatures or Department of Spanish
- General education course/general elective – Meet with an LEC advisor, (269) 387-4366