The College of Arts and Sciences represents the academic heart and liberal arts core of Western Michigan University and provides a broad range of academic programs for students. As the largest college at WMU, we:
- Employ more than 350 full-time faculty members; an 11:1 faculty student ratio.
- Enroll more than 3,900 undergraduate majors and more than 1,000 graduate students.
- Oversee 26 departments and interdisciplinary programs.
- Provide the foundation for the general education curriculum at WMU.
- Teach approximately half of all student credit hours at all WMU campuses.
Members of our faculty have received awards and scholarships from:
- Fulbright Program
- Gates Cambridge
- Guggenheim Foundation
- Harry S. Truman Scholarship Foundation
- Michigan Language Association
- Morris K. Udall and Stewart L. Udall Foundation
- National Endowment for the Humanities
- National Science Foundation
Faculty of the college rank among the finest scholars and researchers at WMU. The college's faculty are among the best teachers and scholars anywhere in the nation.
Student learning and success is our top priority. Our students are high achievers and have been recipients of the very competitive and distinguished Goldwater Fellowships and Fulbright awards.
We would like to hear from you, so send us an email, give us a call and be sure to visit.