Each year, the College of Arts and Sciences at Western Michigan University recognizes outstanding staff members who clearly stand out with exceptional work, and many contributions made to departments, the college and the University.
- Kaite Easley, College of Arts and Sciences Student Success Services
- Benjamin Gaudio, Department of Physics
- Yumi Takahashi-Ede, College of Arts and Sciences Undergraduate Advising
All clerical, technical, professional, and administrative staff currently serving in the College of Arts and Sciences who have completed at least one year of service to the college.
Each recipient will receive a plaque at a special celebration, along with a $1,000 award. The award will be based on outstanding service, including service to the University.
All awards are subject to final budgetary approval and authorization by the dean of the college.
This award will be offered for the deadlines listed as long as funds are available.
Nominations should include:
- Name and unit of the staff member and the nominator
- Number of years the nominee has been employed in the college
- Statement (500-800 words) detailing how the candidate has demonstrated excellence in the performance of her or his duties
Nominations may also include statements of support from staff colleagues, supervisors, students, etc. in the form of memos, letters and emails.
College of Arts and Sciences Office of the Dean
Western Michigan University
1903 W Michigan Ave
Kalamazoo MI 49008-5308 USA
Or drop off at 2304 Friedmann Hall
Or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you submit your application electronically, emails from the WMU Webmail Plus account of a faculty member and department chair or director may serve in place of signatures.