Individuals interested in taking a class in the Department of Comparative Religion as an undergraduate may follow one of two pathways:
- Apply as an undergraduate student if you are seeking a degree.
- Apply as a transfer student if you have taken courses elsewhere.
Many comparative religion courses satisfy general education requirements at Western Michigan University.
- Area II – Humanities: REL 1000, 2050, 2070, 3115, 3125, 3135, 3180, 3240, 3320
- Area III – United States: REL 2065, 3015
- Area IV – Other Cultures: REL 2010, 2020, 2030, 2040, 2060, 3025
- Area V – Social and Behavioral Sciences: REL 2080, 3145, 3155, 3230
- A minimum grade of “C” is required in all courses to be counted toward the major or minor.
- At least half of all credit hours to be counted toward the major or minor (14 and eight credit hours, respectively) must be taken in the Department of Comparative Religion.