Congratulations to Eric Mendes for being selected for the Graduate Student's 2014 Make A Difference Award!
Congratulations to our award winning comparative religion students!
- Xandra Duelge, Presidential Scholar
- Eric Mendes, Graduate Research And Creative Scholars Award
- Kyle Byron, Graduate Teaching Effectiveness Award
- Danton Lloyd, Undergraduate Award for Academic Excellence
- Megan Leverage, Graduate Award for Academic Excellence.
Two articles about the Department of Comparative Religion visits to Kalamazoo Islamic Center have been published by WMU student Farhan Iqbal.
Thursday, April 17 - "Theorizing the Ghostly," a lecture by Bruce Lincoln, History of Religions in the Divinity School at Chicago University. The talk will begin at 4:30 p.m. in Room 1028 Brown Hall. This event is sponsored by GSAC, Department of Comparative Religion and the Comparative Religion Graduate Student Organization.
The department is very pleased to announce a scholarship opportunity for eligible major and master's students of comparative religion. This scholarship will support student participation in the 2014 Japanese Religion and Culture Study Abroad Seminar with Dr. Covell.