The Professional Support Staff Organization is committed to promoting and fostering education through professional development, training, recognition and the advancement of our dues paying members.
Who and what is PSSO
PSSO is a strong united group that has a substantial effect on management decisions concerning wages, health and retirement benefits and are called upon to represent Western Michigan University.
- Non-bargaining group who volunteer their time and energy to support the university.
- Often the only contact a potential student or parent may have with the University prior to making a decision to attend WMU.
- Represent WMU at events such as Fall Welcome, Bronco Bash and Benefits Expo.
- Host social gatherings such as the annual spring awards luncheon and bus trips.
- Support, encourage and convey concerns members have to the university administration in seeking solutions.
- General meetings: Quarterly.
- Executive Board meetings: Monthly.
- Administration-Executive Board meetings: Bi-monthly.
- Executive Board working retreats: Bi-annually.
Membership in PSSO provides an opportunity to make a greater impact on campus.
- Attend general meetings
- Volunteer for committees and events
- Provide feedback to the executive board
- Follow us on social media (Facebook)
- Further professional and educational development
Members are eligible for:
- Education assistance for members and their dependents.
- Discounted fees for selected social events.
- Right to vote in PSSO elections and issues.
- Networking with other WMU employees.