The Professional Support Staff Organization at Western Michigan University is pleased that you have chosen to work at WMU. With our diverse skills, talents and personality, WMU's hard-working and dedicated support staff members make a valued contribution to the University community.
- General Membership Meeting - The next general membership meeting, which is open to all employees, will be on Wednesday, Dec. 6 at noon in 157-158 Bernhard Center. Beth Northuis, Assistant Director of Fitness and Wellness Programs has been invited to speak to employees about healthy habits/living leading into the holiday season and exercising and stretches that can be done at your desk. Grab a co-worker and join us!
- PSSO Education Assistance Fund - We are now accepting applications for the 2018-19 school year through Jan. 31, 2018. Be sure to indicate which semester you are applying for on each application. The drawings will take place at our Feb. 21 general meeting. The recipients for the fall 2017 and spring 2018 semesters were selected at our February general meeting. If you have any questions, please contact Vicky Crawford. This change went into effect in January to bring us under compliance with Financial Aid.
- PSSO Holiday Fundraiser - Kalamazoo Kettle Corn orders are now being accepted until Nov. 21, 2017. Pick-up is scheduled for Dec. 6, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. in room 106, Bernhard Center. Order form
- The 2017-18 calendar has been announced and we are working on finalizing guest speakers.
- The Western Wellness program offers several health and fitness opportunities to all staff.
Calling all PSSO members! We are trying something new as a way to introduce our members. Please contact Vicky Crawford with a photo and information about YOU! Include your name, how long you have been a member, how you are involved in PSSO or how you would like to be involved, your title and where you work. That is it! Then sit back and watch our Facebook page for your photo to show up!
- We are currently seeking PSSO eligible members to serve on the Membership Committee. If you are interested in serving on this or any committee, send the PSSO board an email through the Contact Us page.
- Joining the Professional Support Staff Organization at Western Michigan University is a great way for eligible employees to get involved, network with colleagues and have a voice on campus. We are known campuswide for hosting our Spring Luncheon, distribution of Finals Survival bags during Finals Finish, our annual Kettlecorn fundraiser and more. New members are welcome year-round. GO BRONCOS!