News and events
- Jose Antonio Cheibub (Ph.D., U of Chicago, 1994) is the Harold Boeschenstein Professor of Political Economy and Public Policy at the University of Illinois. His talk "Order in Chaos: Intra-Party Coordination in Proportional Representation Systems" will take place Thursday October 2, 2014 in the Political Science Library (Friedmann 3301) at 2 p.m. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Krishna H. Pushkar is the Joint Secretary of the Government of Nepal, and a Fulbright Hubert Humphrey Fellow at Michigan State University. His talk "World Cup Football on the Migrant's Grave: The Modern Kafala Slavery System”will take place Tuesday October 21 in the Political Science Library (Friedmann 3301) at 3:30 p.m. Contact email@example.com for more information.
- Dr. Paul Clements is the Democratic nominee for the 6th District of the U.S. House of Representatives. Click here for a list of some other Broncos on the November general election ballot.
- Dr. Mark Hurwitz has been named editor-in-chief of Justice System Journal, a peer-reviewed journal sponsored by the National Center for State Courts.
- Jacob Nelson, a senior majoring in Political Science and Economics, was honored by the Michigan Political Science Association for having written the best paper by an undergraduate during the 2013-2014 academic year. Nelson's paper, submitted for his Democratization in South Asia class, was nominated by Dr. Mahendra Lawoti.
- Matt Arsenault (Ph.D. 2012) has been appointed assistant professor (tenure track) at Mount Aloysius College beginning in fall 2014. He previously served as a Presidential Management Fellow in the U.S. Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
- Michael Romano (Ph.D. 2014) has been appointed visiting assistant professor at Georgia Southern University beginning in fall 2014.
Political science alumni recall how their education has made a difference in their careers.
- Alumnus Carmen Siciliano, Bachelor of Arts in American public policy, serves as legislative assistant to State Senator Mike Nofs.
- Alumnus Frank Waters, minor in political science, reminisces about his time at Western Michigan University and how he became the director of the Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs in Lansing, Mich.
- Alumnus Tom Lenard, Bachelor of Arts in American public policy, talks about his job as chief of staff for State Senator Jim Ananich (Bronco Legislative Network).