Our target population includes:
- Recipients of the Multicultural Leader Scholarship.
- Participants of the Martin Luther King Jr. Academy.
- Participants of the College Assistance Migrant Program.
- Participants of the Seita Scholars Program.
- Students registered with the Office of Disability Services for Students.
Students who are a part of these groups will receive priority assignment, which means that they will be assigned a peer mentor within the first two weeks of the semester.
All other currently enrolled Western Michigan University undergraduate students are also eligible to participate in the Mentoring for Success Program if they meet one of the following requirements:
- Are federal financial aid-eligible.
- Are first-generation college students.
- Have yet to declare a major or be admitted to their intended majors.
These students will be assigned a peer mentor beginning the third week of the semester on a first-come, first-serve basis, subject to availability of peer mentors and after all students in the target population have been assigned.
All other WMU students who do not meet any of the above requirements may still utilize our services only after all eligible students have been served.