Math 1110 in the Developmental Math Program in the Department of Mathematics at Western Michigan University is designed to sharpen algebraic skills and concepts in a function-based setting. Topics include linear functions, quadratic functions, composing and decomposing functions, inverse functions, logarithmic and exponential functions. The course emphasizes both the manipulation of symbols and an understanding of when manipulations are effective and appropriate.
This course serves as a prerequisite course and does not satisfy the Proficiency 3 general education requirement.
- Course syllabus: See Dr. Jon Davis for the course syllabus.
- TI 83/84 directions (Note that YouTube is also a good source for directions with any type of calculator)
- Tips for success
- WileyPlus with Orion
- WileyPlus Summer I 2018 URL: www.wileyplus.com/class/635945
EXAM DATES FOR SUMMER I 2018 BY NUMBER
- Exam 1: Thursday, May 17; 25 minutes
- Exam 2: Thursday, May 31; 50 minutes
- Exam 3: Thursday, June 7; 25 minutes
- Exam 4: Friday, June 15; 50 minutes
- Final exam: Tuesday, June 26; 100 minutes
If you are unable to attend class on any exam day you must notify your instructor before the exam or a make-up may be denied.
The final exam is the last day of class: Tuesday, June 26.
TENTATIVE SCHEDULE BY WEEK
- Appendix A, appendix G and appendix B
- Section 1.1, Exam 1 and 1.2
- Section 1.3, 1.4 and 5.2
- appendix D, Exam 2 and appendix E
- Finish appendix E, Exam 3, section 6.1, 6.3, 6.4 and 5.4
- Section 7.1, 7.2, 3.1, Exam 4 and section 3.2
- Section 3.3, 3.4, 3.5, 2.1, 2.2 and 2.4
Monday, June 4 is the last day a student can process an officially withdrawal from a class to avoid a failing grade.