Math 1110 in the Developmental Math Program in the Department of Mathematics at Western Michigan University is designed to sharpen algebraic skills and concepts in a function-based setting. Topics include linear functions, quadratic functions, composing and decomposing functions, inverse functions, logarithmic and exponential functions. The course emphasizes both the manipulation of symbols and an understanding of when manipulations are effective and appropriate.
This course serves as a prerequisite course and does not satisfy the Proficiency 3 general education requirement.
- Course syllabus
- TI 83/84 directions (Note that YouTube is also a good source for directions with any type of calculator)
- Tips for success
- WileyPlus with Orion
- WileyPlus due dates
EXAM DATES FOR fall 2017 BY NUMBER
- Friday, Sept. 22 (Monday, Wednesday and Friday classes); Thursday, Sept. 21 (Tuesday and Thursday classes); 25 minutes
- Wednesday, Oct. 11 (Monday, Wednesday and Friday classes); Thursday, Oct. 12 (Tuesday and Thursday classes); 50 minutes
- Friday, Oct. 27 (Monday, Wednesday and Friday classes); Thursday, Oct. 26 (Tuesday and Thursday classes); 25 minutes
- Friday, Nov. 17 (Monday, Wednesday and Friday classes); Thursday, Nov. 16 (Tuesday and Thursday classes); 50 minutes
If you are unable to attend class on any exam day you must notify Dr. Eisenhart (269) 387-4117 or (269) 873-8194 before the exam or a make-up may be denied.
TENTATIVE SCHEDULE BY WEEK
- Appendix A
- Appendix G
- Appendix B and Exam 1
- Section 1.1, 1.2 and 1.3
- Section 1.3, 1.4 and 5.2
- Section 5.2, Exam 2 and appendix D
- Appendix D and start appendix E
- Finish appendix E, section 6.1 and Exam 3
- Section 6.3, 6.4 and 5.4
- Section 7.1 and 7.2
- Section 3.1, 3.2 and Exam 4
- Section 3.3 and Thanksgiving
- Section 3.4 and 3.5
- Section 2.1, 2.2 and 2.4
Monday, November 6 is the last day a student can process an officially withdrawal from a class to avoid a failing grade.