Higher education and student affairs (HESA) looks forward to applications for the 2016-2017 academic year. The priority deadline for Fall 2017 and to be considered for HESA Interview Days is December 15, 2016. After that applications are only reviewed on a space available basis. For information on admissions visit the admissions requirement section of this website. HESA Leadership Interview Days 2017 will be held Thursday, February 23 through Friday, February 24.
The higher education and student affairs (HESA) concentration in the Master of Arts in educational leadership program in the Department of Educational Leadership, Research and Technology at Western Michigan University focuses on developing reflective practitioners for entry and mid-level positions in higher education. The program emphasizes a scholar-practitioner model to combine a broad-based student development and leadership theory core with required individualized field experiences. Learn more about the higher education and student affairs concentration.
To ensure priority and full review of your higher education and student affairs (HESA) application (certificate and cohort) and to be eligible for higher education and student affairs leadership interview days please complete all parts of your application and make sure they reach us, including references, no later than Dec. 15 of each year. Final admissions decisions are made in mid-January.
Program information for current students
To learn more about the profession of student affairs in higher education visit the frequently asked questions portion of this site.
- Dr. Ramona Lewis, higher education and student affairs (HESA) faculty coordinator
- Dr. Donna Talbot, professor and chair of the Department of Educational Leadership, Research and Technology
- Dr.Eric Archer, assistant professor, Department of Educational Leadership, Research, and Technology
- Dr.Wanda Hadley, assistant professor, Department of Educational Leadership, Research, and Technology'
- Dr.Kahler Schuemann, special assistant to the president and secretary to the Board of Trustees, WMU
- Ms.Anne Lundquist, director of student affairs strategic planning and assessment, Division of Student Affairs, WMU
- Dr.Erika Carr, associate director, Division of Multicultural Affairs and director Pre-College Initiatives, WMU
- Mr.Christopher Sligh, director, Student Activities and Leadership Programs, WMU
- Dr.Diane Anderson, vice president for student affairs, Division of Student Affairs, WMU
- Mr.David Anderson, director of admission, Kalamazoo College