Standard Chronological Resume Template
View the resume template to make sure that your resume contains essential information.
Resume, Cover Letter, and Interview Rubrics
Use the rubrics to ensure that your job application materials are professional and contain all necessary information.
Career Development Guide
Western Michigan University's Career Development Guide will help you:
- Effectively communicate your skills to employers in resumes, cover letters, and during interviews.
- Write cover letters, thank you letters, and reference lists.
- Interview and negotiate.
- Write a curriculum vitae.
- Prepare for career fairs and other interactions with employers.
Optimal Resume includes:
- Create resumes section-by-section or by editing online resume samples.
- Target your resume for specific job openings by using the integrated O’Net database.
- Save time on formatting your documents.
- Share your resume online or download it as MS Word, RTF, PDF, TXT, or HTML.
Cover Letter Builder
- Create targeted cover letters by editing cover letter samples or creating letters section by section.
- Practice interviewing with more than 1,000 frequent interview questions.
- Receive coaching for high-pressure interview questions.
- Record your interviews to review your responses.
- Share your practice interviews and get feedback from family, friends, and colleagues.
- Upload and present your work in an attractive, Web-based layout for employers and networking contacts.
- Create a customized website with your professional documents and links to your LinkedIn and Twitter.