Congratulations to our 2017 winners!
Student Employee of the Year
Caitlin Wiley, Coordinator in Student Activities and Leadership Programs
Supervisor of the Year
Kimberly Rossman, Coordinator of Annual Giving, Development and Alumni Relations
Gary L. Belleville Student Employee of the Year
- Career and Student Employment Services hosts the annual Student Employee Appreciation Week celebration every February. The week is dedicated to student employees and is a time to recognize all the hard work and contributions that they make to Western Michigan University and the greater community. Take some time to celebrate your student staff. This event offers the opportunity to nominate outstanding students and student supervisors for the Student and Supervisor of the Year award.
- Student employees work in most campus departments. Their work ranges from cashiers to graduate assistants. WMU employs approximately 3,500 during the fall/spring semesters. Campus student employment allows students to build skills, explore career options, and make meaningful contributions to the university and community. Supervisors, nominate your outstanding student employees for Student Employee of the Year.
- Student Supervisors play a key role in hiring, training, reviewing and modeling key skills and behaviors that foster the development of skilled, competent student employees. Students, nominate your outstanding supervisor for Supervisor of the Year.
- The 2017 Student Employee Appreciation Week was February 20-24. One major activity of Student Employee Appreciation Week included honoring all nominations and presenting awards to the Student Employee of the Year and the Supervisor of the Year during a reception. This year's reception was on Thursday, February 23. Supervisors should nominate student employees, and student employees should nominate their supervisors. Nomination deadline was February 10. The winning student and supervisor's nominations will be forwarded to a national competition.
- If you wish to create certificates of appreciation for your student staff, you may do so with the Student Appreciation Certificate.