On-campus job search
- Have your resume and cover letter reviewed in the Career Zone.
- Find an on-campus job in BroncoJOBS.
BroncoJOBS transitions to Handshake May 11. Here is what you need to know:
- Activate and complete your profile so employers can see you.
- You will receive an email with information with simple instructions about activating your profile.
- The new BroncoJOBS interface is customized for your academic profile and interests.
Applying for on-campus jobs
- All Western Michigan University departments accept the Universal Student Employment Application form. Complete a separate application for each department and position. Some job postings may not require an application form. Some departments may require additional application materials. Several of the larger campus employers (such as libraries, food service, and recreation center) provide their own application. Check department websites for details.
- Apply directly to the WMU department following the instructions given in the job posting. Some may request a phone call, a mailed or faxed application form, or ask applicants to stop by in person. Many departments post their jobs on their own websites. Use the University Directory to access these websites.
- You don't need to wait for jobs to be posted on BroncoJOBS to circulate the on-campus application form. Just send the application or visit any department in which you have an interest, and ask the department to keep the application on file.