Your transcript is the official permanent record of all the courses you have attended at Western Michigan University. Classes you have attended at other institutions do not show on your University transcript. Western Michigan University has authorized Parchment to manage the ordering, processing and secure delivery of student transcripts. Parchment offers:
- Secure online access to request your transcript anytime.
- Email notification when transcripts are processed and received.
- Online tracking ability.
- The option to request electronic delivery of your transcript.
Transcripts can be sent electronically to participating high schools, colleges and universities as part of the Midwestern Higher Education Compact.
Requesting a transcript
WMU transcript requests can be made through the Parchment website. A one-time account registration is required. To ensure proper student matching you will be asked for your:
- Enrollment status.
- Date of birth.
- Last four digits of your Social Security number.
- Student ID number. If unknown, please enter the last 4 digits of your Social Security number.
- Email address.
If you are not sure of the exact attendance dates please indicate approximate dates. Once you have completed the registration set up you will receive an email from Parchment asking you to confirm your email address. After confirmation you are ready to begin requesting transcripts through the Parchment website.
All transcripts sent through Parchment are official. A hold on your University student account will not prevent you from requesting a transcript through Parchment and you will be assessed the transcript fees, but the University will not be able to release your transcript until the hold is resolved.
Students who attended the Bronson Hospital School of Nursing diploma program prior to 1998 or students with a matching form—CASPA, AADSA, LSAC or Michigan Department of Community Health or similar—should not use Parchment for transcript requests. Please complete the transcript request form and fax, mail or personally deliver it to the Office of the Registrar. Include the matching form if required for processing.
The transcript cost is based on the destination and method of delivery. The fees are:
- $7.50—electronic delivery to a school, yourself or a third party.
- $9.50—paper delivery to any destination. The transcript will be printed on security paper and sent through USPS.
- $27.00—additional fee for overnight US delivery. Priority shipping to Canada, Mexico and international is available through Parchment for an additional fee. Actual cost will display at the time of checkout.
Transcripts must be paid by credit card at the time of the order. Parchment accepts Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express. During the ordering process you will be able to see the exact charge prior to entering your credit card information.
For questions or to report a problem with your order please contact Parchment support.
As an alternative method of ordering paper transcripts you may complete this form and fax, mail or personally deliver it to the Registrar's Office with your payment. Electronic transcripts are not available using this method. Please allow three to five days for processing.