We recognize that families provide a great deal of financial and emotional support to their children while they are students at WMU. However, we must balance this recognition with the fact that WMU students are legally adults and their legal rights must be fully respected, particularly with concern to their privacy rights under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act.
WMU students have the ability to grant access to third party individuals to view certain academic and financial aid information. In compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974, student financial and academic records may not be shared with a third party without written consent.
- Access to this information can only be granted by the student using their GoWMU account. Login to the GoWMU portal and click on Payment and Account Information.
- The student has the right to revoke this access at any time.
- Access to this information is restricted to what is available and has been authorized by the student.
- It does not allow the University faculty or staff to release information.
- Adding an authorized user is considered to be written consent that an individual may view certain academic and financial aid information as well as view billing account information and make payments on behalf of the student.
Once access is granted, the user receives an e-mail from WMU Billing with instructions on how to login. Each month an e-mail notification will be generated when the new monthly statement is available. Simply login by clicking on the link provided to view the statement and make payments.
The University accepts online payments using electronic transfer from a checking or savings account. Please provide the ABA routing number, account number and the name on the account. Using American Express, MasterCard, Visa or Discover debit or credit cards are subject to a 2.75% convenience fee by a third-party payment service.
Some of the information that students may grant access to:
- Financial aid requirements
- Financial aid awards for aid year
- Financial aid payment schedule
- Enrollment verification
- Midterm grades
- Final grades
- Concise schedule view
- Schedule of classes
- Unofficial transcript