Stay on track for graduation and make the most out of your WMU experience by following these registration planning tips:
- Meet with your advisor for help selecting which courses to take.
- Check Degree Works to see the courses and requirements you still need to complete to receive your degree.
- Review the schedule of course offerings to determine what sections are being offered.
- Verify through GoWMU that all holds have been cleared that would prevent you from registering.
Determine your registration time
Registration time is based on credit hours earned. The system does not take into account hours that are currently in progress. The number of credit hours earned can be found on your unofficial transcript or at the top of your Degree Works worksheet.
Login into GoWMU
All course registration is done through GoWMU. The registration system is available twenty-four hours Monday through Saturday and Sunday from noon until midnight.
- Enter your Bronco NetID and password.
- Click Login.
- Click Student Home.
After you have successfully logged into GoWMU, click on the Course Offerings link. The address validation information will appear. You will be asked to validate your address each fall and spring semester.
- Review your address and update as necessary.
- Check the box indicating that you have validated your address and phone numbers. Cell phone numbers are required.
- Click Submit.
- Click Back to the Student Home Tab.
Register for classes
- Select Course Offerings.
- Select the term you would like to register for from the drop down menu.
- Select at least one subject.
- Click Course Search.
- Locate the course number and click View Sections.
- Textbook information and other important information related to the class can be found by clicking on the Course Reference Number.
- Check the box to the left of the CRN to register for the class.
- A C in the place of the box indicates the section is closed.
- An SR in the place of the box indicates a student restriction. Please see your advisor.
- A box will not appear if you are already registered for that section or if it is too late to register.
- Click Register to immediately add the class to your schedule or click Add to Worksheet if adding multiple courses. Entering a CRN on the worksheet does not reserve the seat until you click on Register and receive a confirmation of web registration with date. If the course is a linked lecture and lab combination or has a co-requisite the CRNs must be submitted at the same time.
- Click Return to Registration Menu.
Students are responsible for their registration and any subsequent withdraw from courses. Courses will not be dropped for non-attendance. Students not planning to attend must withdraw by the established deadlines. If you have any questions regarding prerequisites, co-requisities or course availability please contact the department offering the course.
Registration terminology commonly used at Western Michigan University.
Error messages that you may encounter while using the registration system.
Waitlisting provides students with the option of adding themselves to a waitlist in closed sections of a course. Waitlisting does not guarantee students a seat, but does reserve their place in line should a seat become available.