Career and Student Employment Services will assist you in the following stages of the career development process:
- Assess your values, interests, skills, and personality to determine your career choices. Use FOCUS career assessment to guide you.
- Explore academic majors and career paths through internships, volunteering, and talking with professionals. Use FOCUS and O'Net to guide your career exploration.
- Develop job specific and professional skills through on-campus employment, part-time jobs, internships, volunteering, service learning and leadership. Use BroncoJOBS, Going Global and other resources to identify opportunities.
- Search for jobs by preparing your resume and portfolio, attending career fairs and workshops. Practice interviewing with Big Interview. Identify mentors, utilize our advisors and meet WMU alumni. Use WMU's Career Development Guide, job search, national and international career exploration tools to get ready for your job search.
- Manage your career for life through membership in professional and alumni organizations, community activities, and networking. Use LinkedIn to stay professionally connected, and take advantage our alumni information page.