Graduates of the elementary education program will be eligible for certification to teach:
- Grades K-8 in second and third minors
- Kindergarten to fifth grade in all subjects
- Kindergarten to eighth grade in all subjects when teaching in a self-contained classroom—one in which the majority of instruction is provided by a single teacher
- Admissions and advising office
- Advising for current students—program guides, graduation plans, content area major and minor guides and more.
- Basic skills examination
- Field placements
- MTTC test registration and preparation information
- Subject area content courses and requirements
- Teacher certification
FORMS AND RESOURCES
Please submit forms by email to Tammie Klinger.
Suggested program plan
Please note: Below is a suggested program. Contact the Office of Admissions and Advising for specific program guidance.
|Sophomore||ED 2500||Content courses|
|ES 2900||Teacher shadow
Pass appropriate basic skills examination. Apply to elementary education program.
|Junior +||ED 3100||Content courses|
|LS 3770||Field experience||EDT 3470|
|ED 4070||ENGL 3690|
Apply for teaching internship (one year before start of final internship).
|Senior||ES 3950||SPED 4270|
|ED 4010||HPHE 3520|
|LS 3780||Content courses|
Pass MTTC Elementary Education test #103. Apply for graduation.
|ED 3710||Two full days per week||Content courses|
|ED 4100||Five full days per week|