If inclement weather occurs, please check the weather information page.
- Early September – Email and mail 2015 workshop information.
Schools should respond promptly via the online registration form to register.
- Friday, Sept. 25 – Fall workshop
Committee will meet at 9 a.m.
Directors should bring their "best octet" with them (maximum of eight students).
Association membership fee of $40 must be paid at the workshop.
- Before Oct. 15 – Email summary of fall workshop meeting.
- Before Jan. 11 – Email honors choir audition information to the schools.
Schools should respond promptly via the online registration form to reserve an audition spot.
- By Jan. 22 – Email honors choir audition times to each school.
Message will include travel and parking instructions.
- Monday, Jan. 25 – Honors choir audition help session (Coloma *pending*)
Wednesday, Jan. 27 – Honors choir audition help session (Kalamazoo Central *pending*)
- Monday, Feb. 1 – Honors choir auditions in Dalton Center from 4:30 to 6 p.m.
Committee will meet following the auditions.
- Monday, Feb. 1 – Email 2016 festival registration information to all directors who attended the fall workshop.
- Wednesday, Feb. 3 – Honors choir audition results will be emailed to directors and mailed to each student who auditioned (along with additional honors choir details).
- Friday, Feb. 26 – Deadline for submitting online festival registration to WMU.
Note: The festival is not obligated to accept registrations received after Friday, Feb. 26.
Per capita fee of $5 per Festival Chorus student or $8 per Honors Choir student should be mailed as soon as possible after registering, but do not delay submitting the form; your business office can mail the check later.
- Tuesday, March 8 – Seating tickets will be sent by first class mail.
- Honors choir rehearsals
Monday, March 14 – 4:30 to 6 p.m. in Dalton Center Choral Rehearsal Room 1116
Monday, March 21 – 4:30 to 6 p.m. in Dalton Center Choral Rehearsal Room 1116
Wednesday, March 23 – 4:30 to 6 p.m. in Dalton Center Choral Rehearsal Room 1116
Wednesday, March 23 – 7:30 to 9 p.m. in Miller Auditorium
Thursday, March 24 – 4 to 5 p.m. in Miller Auditorium (Festival Day).
- Thursday, March 24 – Festival day
9:15 Suggested chorus arrival time
9:45 Latest possible chorus arrival time
10:00 Announcements and introductions
10:15 Morning rehearsal begins
12:30 Morning rehearsal concludes
12:45 Conductors Buffet Lunch and Annual Meeting
2:30 Afternoon rehearsal begins
4:00 Afternoon rehearsal concludes
4:00 Honors Choir run-through begins
5:00 Latest conclusion of Honors Choir run-through
6:45 Chorus reports to seating area
7:00 Concert begins
- Friday, April 1 (no fooling!) – Deadline for mailing your CD recording order.
- Friday, May 6 – Do everything possible to mail CDs to schools by this date.
- Before June 1 – Do everything possible to mail 2017 music list by this date.