Western Michigan University
1903 W Michigan Ave
Kalamazoo MI 49008-5338 USA
Next office hours will be held in the fall.
- Ph.D., German with specialization in Modern German Drama, University of Michigan, 2000
- M.A., German Literature, University of Michigan, 1996
- B.A., French Literature (magna cum laude), University of Central Florida, 1993
- 20th century German theatre
- German literature
- Modern and contemporary German cinema
- Literature and film
- Teaching methodologies
- Theatre performance
Dr. Olivia Gabor-Peirce is an associate professor and advisor of German in the Department of World Languages and Literatures at Western Michigan University.
Gabor-Peirce was born in Transylvania, studied French and German literature, lived and studied in Germany and Switzerland, and received her Ph.D. from the University of Michigan with a specialization in modern German drama.
She served one year as language program director in the Department of Germanic Languages and Literatures at the University of Michigan. She has taught all levels of language and literature at Western Michigan University since 2002. Her book, "The Stage as 'Der Spielraum Gottes'" (2006), deals with the representation of God on the stage in 20th century German theatre. She has also published on Friedrich Dürrenmatt and African theatre. Gabor-Peirce is working on a second book project on Dürrenmatt's late works.