Members of the campus community and the public planning international travel may apply for their passports and have the necessary photos taken at WMU's Passport Acceptance Facility in the Haenicke Institute for Global Education.
Please note that Western Michigan University will be closed on the following dates in observation of national holidays:
- Thursday, Nov. 23 and Friday, Nov. 24, 2017 (Thanksgiving)
- Friday, Dec. 22, 2017 through Monday, January 1, 2018 (Winter break)
- Monday, Jan. 15, 2018 (Martin Luther King Jr. Day)
Visit the US Department of State passport website for a list of required documents. For questions about special circumstances, please contact the National Passport Information Center at (877) 487-2778.
There are two fees required to process each application that must be paid by personal check or money order:
- Application fee: $110 for adults (other fees may vary); payable to the U.S. Department of State.*
- Passport execution fee: $25; payable to WMU (waived for WMU students and employees).
*Application fee based on standard processing time—6 weeks—for adults at least 16 years of age..
The Haenicke Institute for Global Education offers passport photos for $10 (waived for WMU students and employees) that must be paid by personal check or money order.
All photos must conform to the photo requirements outlined by the US Department of State.
Monday, Wednesday and Friday
- Walk-in hours: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.*
*Families are advised to make an appointment rather than using walk-in hours.
Tuesday and Thursday
- By half-hour appointment: 7:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.*
To request an appointment or more information contact the Haenicke Institute at (269) 387-5890.
*If you are more than 15 minutes late for an appointment, passport processors reserve the right to deny and reschedule your appointment.
Haenicke Institute for Global Education
Western Michigan University
2425 Ellsworth Hall (second floor)
Nearest parking available at meters in Lot 48. Use the WMU parking map for directions.
For comprehensive information about the passport application process and international travel information, visit the State Department passport website or call the National Passport Information Center at (877) 487-2778.