First, be safe and responsible.
But if you have a hangover, consider the following for relief:
- Some people recommend foods and drinks that contain fructose (such as fruit juice or honey). However, there is very little scientific evidence to show that fructose will help your body burn the alcohol faster -- that is, get the alcohol out of your body faster.
- Eat well, if possible. Electrolyte solutions and bouillon soup are good for replacing the salt and potassium you lose from drinking alcohol.
- Dilution is the solution. Drink plenty of non-alcohol fluids.
- Get plenty of rest. Most hangovers are gone within 24 hours. Remember, even if you feel good the morning after heavy drinking, the lasting effects of alcohol will reduce your ability to perform at your best.
- Avoid taking any medications for your hangover that contain acetaminophen (such as Tylenol), because it may cause liver damage when combined with alcohol.