The Facilities Management Department of Western Michigan University is a unit of the Office of Business and Finance. Facilities Management provides all facility services to campus customers in a professional manner that exemplifies positive customer services and stewardship.
Our vision is to be an exemplary higher education facilities management organization. We will be known for:
- Excellent service to the University.
- Excellence in stewardship of the campus environment.
- Professional and effective communication.
- High standards for professional and personal accountability.
- Sustainable development and management of campus resources.
- 439 employees.
- 8 million square feet of university space.
- 1,200 acres.
- 49 miles of utilities.
- 39 miles of sidewalk and 26.5 lane miles of roadway.
- Annual dispatch of 72 million KWh of electricity and 510 million pounds of steam.