- Complete appointment and class requirements.
- Consult us before dropping or adding classes.
- Do not work more than 15 hours per week.
- May declare a major in spring if above a 2.0 GPA.
- Meet with Alpha Program peer mentor throughout first year.
In the first year, Alpha Program students
- Attend summer orientation and schedule classes with Alpha Program staff.
- Engage with other areas of student life.
- Enroll in an Alpha Program two-credit First Year Success course.
- Meet with an Alpha Program advisor twice every semester.
- Participate in Alpha Program specific First Year Experience course.
- Receive guidance from an upperclass Alpha Program peer mentor.
Alpha Program students will be assigned a dedicated peer mentor who will work with them throughout their first year. Mentors are former Alpha Program and current WMU students who volunteer their time to help first year students be successful.
If you are interested in becoming a peer mentor, please complete a 2016-17 Alpha Mentor application.
Alpha Program curriculum
Required classes for first year alpha students:
- Fall: First Year Experience (2 credits).
- Spring: UNIV 1030: Alpha Engagement courses (1 credit).