It's not too late to study abroad in summer I 2017!
Join one of our faculty-led groups traveling abroad this summer and earn WMU credit! The summer I programs below are still accepting applications. Students may also apply for the Haenicke Institute for Global Education Scholarship, which offers both need and merit-based awards for participating in one of these programs.
Application deadline extended until February 15:
- Amazonia: Culture and Environment
- Arabic Studies in the Emirates
- Central Europe: Past and Present: Passau, Vienna, and Prague
- Education and Health Across China: From Kindergarten to College
- Education, Service, and International Development
- Exploring Health and Healthcare Systems in South Africa
- Overseas Study on China's Water Resource Management (deadline extended to February 20)
- Russian Literature Study in St. Petersburg, Russia
- Spanish in Quito, Ecuador
- The Workforce Education and Development System in Germany
- Western Roots of Interior Design: Greek Influence
Global Engagement in the Classroom
An easy way to incorporate global engagement in to the classroom is to expose students to study abroad! Join WMU Study Abroad's classroom outreach initiative by inviting a representative in to your classroom to talk about the benefits of study abroad and the frequently asked questions. Request a presentation.
Get Globally engaged this week!
Don't forget to subscribe to Get Globally Engaged this Week! A weekly email of upcoming opportunities for global engagement on campus and in the Kalamazoo community.
A unit of the Diether H. Haenicke Institute for Global Education.
As a partner of the Institute of International Education's Generation Study Abroad initiative, WMU Study Abroad is committed to increasing study abroad participation by 50 percent over five years spanning 2014 to 2019.