Faculty of the College of Arts and Sciences rank among the finest scholars and researchers at Western Michigan University and among the finest teachers and scholars anywhere in the nation.
To help Western Michigan University achieve its goal to be learner centered and discovery driven, the College of Arts and Sciences involves students in the research and creative activities of the faculty and encourages students to participate in projects of their own.
- Dr. Whitney DeCamp, associate professor of sociology, explores the behavioral impacts of playing video games
- Public history major Suzanne Grimmer wins scholarship for her research on Nazi history in Germany
- Dr. Joseph Stoltman, professor of geography, was awarded both the Distinguished Mentor Award and the Higher Education Distinguished Teaching Award by The National Council for Geographic Education.
- Dr. Gellert Mezei received an Emerging Scholar Award for leading new research study on water purification.
- Drs. Beane and Litvinova snag prestigious National Science Foundation prize
- Elizabeth Palmer, a WMU geosciences Ph.D. student, is part of the NASA-funded research team at USC that has revealed new evidence for the occurrence of ground ice on the protoplanet Vesta.
Share the story: scholar talks 2017
Experience some of the amazing work being done in the College of Arts and Sciences at WMU by our outstanding scholars.