The Developmental Math Program in the Department of Mathematics at Western Michigan University offers resources for instructors.
Resources written for our textbook
- Algebra Form and Function instructor's manual, student solution manual and PowerPoint presentations can be found in WileyPlus under Prepare and Present.
- Mathematics in Action Prealgebra text publisher's resources
- Teachers Helping Teachers provides:
- Basic teaching tips to inexperienced teachers; ideas that can be immediately implemented into the classroom.
- New ideas in teaching methodologies for all teachers.
- A forum for experienced teachers to share their expertise and tips with colleagues around the world.
- WMU Office of Faculty Development is dedicated to promoting excellence in teaching.
Other teaching resources
- Recommended books on teaching available at Western Michigan University's Education Library:
- Tools for Teaching, Barbara Gross Davis, Josse-Bass, 1993
- Teaching Tips, W.J. McKeachie, 8th ed., D.C. Heath, 1986
- The University of Rochester's Department of Physics and Astronomy has a posting about their TA training program. Here are some selected highlights:
- Yale graduate teaching center provides information on teaching skills for graduate students, including references to workshops, educational resources and seminars.
- TA Electronic Discussion List is an electronic discussion list for college and university TA's all over the world. Discuss issues of interest and concerns to graduate teaching assistants. To join the list, send a message to email@example.com. In the body of the message put: sub t-assist your first name your last name. Be sure the return address is the email address to which you want your messages sent.
- The Online Books Page is a good place to look for a text or reference. Literally hundreds of books are online through this Carnegie Mellon service.