- Create conditions that enhance student learning and personal development.
- Create purposeful, open, just, disciplined, caring and celebrative environments.
- Make people matter.
- Advance diversity within community.
- Teach effective citizenship.
- Forge collaborative partnerships with students, faculty, staff and others to enhance student learning.
- Allocate resources to encourage student learning and personal development.
- Integrate expertise on students, their environments, and teaching and learning processes into practice.
- Base policies and programs on best practices from the research on student learning and development and on institution - specific assessment data.
- Involve students in all facets of the University to enhance student learning and personal development.
Campus Life: In Search of Community. The Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching; Ernest L. Boyer (frwd.); Princeton, New Jersey; 1990.