The Department of Occupational Therapy at Western Michigan University is proud to share the attributes and facts that make this program a distinctive learning environment.
Ranked in the top 50 graduate programs in U.S. News World & Report; highest-ranking program in Michigan.
- Founded in 1922: One of oldest programs in the U.S. and first non-teaching degree at WMU.
- Most recently accredited in 2010 by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education for a 10 year period with compliance in all standards.
- Among the first in the U.S. to offer post professional masters (M.A., 1959).
- Met the entry level masters mandate in 2005 (MSOT) two years ahead of 2007 date.
- One of the largest programs in the U.S. (96 admissions per year: 48 Professional Masters and 48 4+1).
- Opened the Grand Rapids satellite campus in 2009: Same Program Different Campus.
¨ NBCOT pass rate of 98% (2015).
- ALL OT faculty (full-time and part-time) supervise Fieldwork Level I students in nine on-campus locations and four community based programs.
- Open Journal of Occupational Therapy is the world's first and only online journal in OT.
- Strong record of scholarship and grants awards among all faculty.
- Member and co-founding department of the Brain Research and Interdisciplinary Neuroscience Lab: Featured in spring 2014 Issue of WMU Magazine.
Please contact Dr. Carla Chase.