- Declared major or pre-major in computer information systems, electronic business marketing, health informatics and information management or telecommunications and information management at Western Michigan University, including students from the Department of Marketing, College of Health and Human Services and School of Communication, due to the majors being interdisciplinary in nature.
- Overall WMU GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Must have an expected graduation date of December 2015 or later.
Applications must be submitted before midnight on Sunday, March 1. Late applications will not be accepted.
The application submission period for 2015-16 scholarships is closed. If you have any questions regarding Department of Business Information Systems scholarships, please contact the department at (269) 387-5410.
Each year, the Department of Business Information Systems acquires donations for scholarships from corporate partners. These awards vary in number and amount year to year. Typically, the department is able to offer about ten awards totaling $10,000 or more.
If you are interested in becoming a donor, please contact the department at (269) 387-5410.
- Auto-Owners Insurance: one award of $500.
- BlueGranite: one award of $750.
- Denny and Susan Stults: one award of $500.
- Department of Business Information Systems: two awards of $1,000 and one award of $500.
- Dr. Bernadine P. Branchaw: one award of $2,000 and two awards of $500.
- Eaton Corporation: one award of $1,500.
- Hunan Gardens: one award of $1,500.
- Infutor Data Solutions: one award of $1,000.
- Secant Technologies: one award of $1,000.
Dr. Bernadine P. Branchaw Scholarship
In addition to the annual corporate scholarships, the department awards the Dr. Bernadine P. Branchaw Scholarship. Students who apply for a Business Information Systems scholarship will be considered for this award if they meet the additional eligibility criteria.
- Must be a full-time junior at time of application.
- Must be a US citizen.
- Must have an overall WMU GPA of 3.25 or higher.
- Must be a major from the Department of Business Information Systems.
- Must have at least 12 credit hours from courses offered by the Department of Business Information Systems.
- Must show evidence of leadership.
The amount of the scholarship shall be determined by the chair of the department.
2015-16 scholarship recipients
- Amy Felzke, Midland, Michigan
- Hallie Green, Caledonia, Michigan
- Janel Langley, Dorr, Michigan
- Julia Maassen, Livonia, Michigan
- Colleen McInerney, Crestwood, Illinois
- Gorakh Mehan, Caledonia, Michigan
- Nathan Phillips, Ravenna, Michigan
- Carrie Renfrow, Natchez, Michigan
- Quinn Sheridan, Dowagiac, Michigan
- Erin Sionkowski, Ferndale, Michigan
- Izabella Stone, Mattawan, Michigan
- Renee Stone, Kalamazoo, Michigan
- Jonathan Trapane, Kalamazoo, Michigan