- Declared major or pre-major in computer information systems, electronic business marketing, health informatics and information management or telecommunications and information management at Western Michigan University, including students from the Department of Marketing, College of Health and Human Services and School of Communication, due to the majors being interdisciplinary in nature.
- Overall WMU GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Must have an expected graduation date of December 2015 or later.
Applications must be submitted before midnight on Sunday, March 1. Late applications will not be accepted.
Each year, the Department of Business Information Systems acquires donations for scholarships from corporate partners. These awards vary in number and amount year to year. Typically, the department is able to offer about ten awards totaling $10,000 or more.
- Auto-Owners Insurance: One award of $500.
- BlueGranite: One award of $500.
- Dr. Bernadine P. Branchaw Scholarship: Two awards of $1,000 and two awards of $500.
- Eaton: One award of $1,500.
- Hunan Gardens: One award of $1,500.
- Rea Family Scholarship: Two awards of $1,000.
- Robert S. Baker Scholarship: One award of $2,000.
- Secant Technologies: One award of $1,000.
- Steelcase: One award of $1,000.
Dr. Bernadine P. Branchaw Scholarship
In addition to the annual corporate scholarships, the department awards the Branchaw Scholarship. Students who apply for a Business Information Systems scholarship will be considered for this award if they meet the eligibility criteria.
- Must be a full-time junior at time of application.
- Must be a US citizen.
- Must have an overall WMU GPA of 3.25 or higher.
- Must be a major from the Department of Business Information Systems.
- Must have at least 12 credit hours from courses offered by the Department of Business Information Systems.
- Must show evidence of leadership.
The amount of the scholarship shall be determined by the chair of the department.