A cooperative education program involves a full-time planned and supervised work experience in industry during the semester or the equivalent on a part-time basis. A written report of the student’s activities will be required. The program may be elected four semesters for a maximum of twelve semester credit hours. The program must be taken on a credit or no credit basis. Credits: 1 to 3 hours
Prerequisites by Topic
- Student must be in good academic standing and be in a curriculum in the College of Engineering and Applied Sciences.
- Student must have completed the sophomore year.
- Student must fill out student co-op registration card.
- Student must provide a job description from the employer, and have the work experience approved by the cooperative education director.
- Student must submit a written evaluation of their performance from their immediate supervisor.
- Student must submit a report of their co-op experience upon completion. Instructions will be provided after course registration
- Students must complete an exit interview with the cooperative education director, at the completion of the work semester.
Dr. John PattenIndustrial and Entrepreneurial Engineering and Engineering Management
Western Michigan University
F-205 Floyd Hall
Kalamazoo MI 49008-5336
Phone: (269) 276-3246