Policies and Procedures Manual Section 3
All candidates for Western Michigan University positions which have physical and/or health related job requirements are required to pass a pre-employment physical exam after a conditional offer of employment is made. Employment is contingent upon successfully passing the physical exam.
After employment, employees holding positions that require a valid chauffeur's/commercial motor vehicle license will be required to pass a physical examination and be certified as qualified to drive a commercial motor vehicle every 24 months.
Other University positions may require a physical exam or specific health tests as prescribed by regulatory agencies.
- The hiring department notifies Human Resources of the conditional offer of employment.
- Human Resources will schedule the physical exam appointment date and notify the hiring agent and the candidate.
- On the day of the appointment, the prospective employee reports to Human Resources to secure the physical form and proceeds to the Sindecuse Health Center.
- Upon completion of the exam, the health center will inform the individual of the results and fax the post-offer, pre-placement report of physical ability to perform requirements of position form to Human Resources. The completed physical exam form will be retained by Sindecuse Health Center to protect patient confidentiality.
- Human Resources will notify the hiring department of the health center's determination.