The 18th annual Homecoming Campus Classic is Saturday, Oct. 8, on the main campus of Western Michigan University and is open to people of all ages. No pets, please.
- The 5K Run is open to people of all ages, families and three- to five-member teams, timed with the Chrondtract B-Tag Disposable system.
- The 5K Walk and 1K Fun Run are not timed. Parents may run with children at no charge in the 1K event.
Schedule and event details
- 7 a.m.—Free race parking is available until 11:30 a.m. in Lot 13 and the parking ramp on West Michigan Avenue across from the Student Recreation Center.
- 7 a.m.—Race-day registration and packet pickup at the Student Recreation Center until 9 a.m.
- 8:45 a.m.—1K Fun Run begins, in front of the Student Recreation Center on Western Avenue. No pets allowed.
- 9:15 a.m.—5K Run and Walk begin in front of the Student Recreation Center on Western Avenue. No pets allowed.
- 10:15 a.m.—5K course re-opens to cars. Walkers still on the course should move to the sidewalk to finish the course.
- 10:15 a.m.—Awards ceremony and refreshments at the Student Recreation Center indoor tennis courts.
The Chronotrack B-Tag Disposable system is being used to time the 5K race. You must use the B-Tag System. There is no return fee with this system. If you use your own chip, your time will not be recorded.
- 5K course is certified.
- Each participant has a chance to win a $500 AAA travel voucher, and will receive a T-shirt and complimentary refreshments.
- Each WMU student participant has a chance to win one of 10 WMU parking passes. Must be present and have Bronco Card ID at time of raffle.
- Top male and female overall individual finishers
- Top finishers in each of four team divisions
- Top male and female finishers in each of 17 age divisions: 7 and younger; 8-11; 12-14; 15-19; 20-24; 25-29; 30-34; 35-39; 40-44; 45-49; 50-54; 55-59; 60-64; 65-69; 70-74; 75-79; 80 and older.
- All top finishers receive a Gazelle Sports gift certificate.
- Kids’ 1K participants age 14 and under will receive a participant’s medal.