Organization and decision-making are key elements in management. Western Michigan University’s management program emphasizes actual participation in and management of projects so students gain experience eliciting high performance from an organization while satisfying its employees’ occupational, professional and personal needs. If you choose this major, you will learn how to acquire and organize a variety of human and material resources as well as become an effective decision-maker.
As a management student at WMU, you will have many opportunities to learn from industry leaders about their business experiences and market trends through the Haworth College of Business' Keystone Bank Breakfast Series and Distinguished Speaker Series.
Recent WMU graduates with degrees in management are working as:
- Business managers
- Directors of both profit and nonprofit organizations
Among the organizations they work for are:
- State and local government agencies
- Armed forces
- Charitable organizations
- National religious organizations
- Stryker and other private companies
- Financial organization and behavior
- Target and other retail and wholesale companies