There are eight members of the board appointed by the governor to eight-year terms. A schedule of board formal sessions may be obtained from the office of the secretary to the board.
The Board of Trustees is the governing body of Western Michigan University. It derives its powers from the Constitution of the State of Michigan (1963, Article VIII, Sec. 6), Enrolled House Bill No. 54 (72nd Legislature, Second Extra Session of 1963), and Enrolled Senate Bill No. 30 (75th Legislature, 1969).
FORMAL SESSION DATES FOR THE 2017-18 ACADEMIC YEAR
- Wednesday, March 15—Bernhard Center
- Thursday, April 27—Heritage Hall
- Thursday, June 29—Bernhard Center (Promotion and Tenure, Budget, Tuition)
- Thursday, Sept. 21—Heritage Hall
- Wednesday, Nov. 1—Off main campus location (TBD)
- Tuesday, Dec. 12—Bernhard Center (Holiday Party to Follow)
Closed informal sessions will begin at 9 a.m. with formal sessions at 11 a.m. Dates are subject to change.