Student Sustainability Grant
Important reminder for grant submissions:
- All grant authors are advised to schedule a meeting with the OfS at least six weeks prior to the application deadline. This meeting is intended to assist grant authors to plan and write a complete grant proposal for consideration by the SSGAC.
- If proposals involve changes to university facilities, buildings, landscape, campus safety, or research involving humans or animals, this meeting is mandatory and must be scheduled for January 19th or prior to. (See Section 4 of the SSG Handbook regarding Necessary Stakeholder Approvals for more information).
The Student Sustainability Grant is available to all students who pay the sustainability fee. Any proposal that promotes a campus culture of sustainability and potentially benefits all students is eligible. Proposals must be safe, legal, adequately budgeted, and possible within existing University infrastructure to qualify. Selection is through a blind-review process by student peers.
- Contact Office for Sustainability at email@example.com or call (269) 387-0941
- Contact WSA Campus Sustainability Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org
Proposals are due at 11:59 p.m. the Thursday before Thanksgiving (fall allocation) and 11:59 p.m. the Thursday before Spring Break (spring allocation).
- Find a faculty or staff advisor
- Review previous grants
- review the handbook
- Download the application
- Schedule an appointment to meet with the Office for Sustainability to review and discuss your proposal (email@example.com)
- Print, complete, and sign your application
- Send applications to the Office for Sustainability and the WSA Campus Sustainability Chair via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com