The Western Michigan University School of Social Work is a research-driven professional program that works closely with students and the community, focusing on social change, social justice and service transformation. Its programs stress the need to:
- Recognize and fight discrimination in its many forms.
- Speak out against injustice.
- Promote human rights and a more equitable distribution of resources and power.
The school seeks to create a learning environment that is responsive to students' professional development, promoting community and a sense of individual and collective responsibility among and between students. Meaningful interaction among students, faculty and field instructors supports self-examination, expression and innovation.
News and announcements
Welcome back students
The School of Social Work would like to welcome you to the 2015-2016 academic year. We are happy you choose the School of Social Work at Western Michigan University. Please review the attached documents.
M.S.W. program information sessions
Information sessions will be held at the College of Health and Human Services building. If you would like to attend one of the scheduled sessions, please contact Erica Ongstad.
- Dec. 2, 2015, 6 to 8 p.m.
- Jan. 6, 2016, 9 to 11 a.m.
- Feb. 3, 2016, 9 to 11 a.m.
- Feb. 24, 2016, 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.
- Mar. 9, 2016, 9 to 11 a.m.