Western Michigan University students majoring in any business program may apply for Haworth College of Business scholarships. Visit the Haworth College of Business scholarships page for more information. Integrated supply management majors should contact the ISM program for information applying for scholarships specifically awarded to ISM students.
A number of scholarships available solely for those majoring or minoring in management or majoring in human resource management are awarded each year. These scholarships are funded by current and past faculty members, alumni and other friends of the Department of Management. These scholarships are awarded based on academic excellence, leadership or service, or some combination of the three. While most require students to be management or human resource management majors, some are available for management minors.
Examples of scholarships awarded appear below. Several of the scholarships can be awarded to more than one student. The exact number and amount of these scholarships varies year-to-year depending on funding and the applications received. For 2014-15, for example, 12 were awarded with the typical amount being $500. Eligible students need to submit only one application to be considered for any of the management and human resource management scholarships.
- Dr. James W. Hill Leadership Award: This annual award is presented to an undergraduate student who exemplifies ethics and leadership within the B.B.A. program.
- Dean Arnold E. Schneider Management Achievement Award: This achievement award was established by the founding dean of the college of business and his family. This award is provided for juniors and seniors who demonstrate outstanding leadership, scholarship and service qualities.
- Distinguished Service Award for the Department of Management: This award, funded by an alumnus of the department, is given annually to a management major or minor for distinguished service to the department, engaging in worthy endeavors and contributing to organizations.
- Jeff Robideau Award for Meritorious Scholarship: This award, established by an alumnus of the department, provides scholarship funds to full-time management or human resource management majors with junior or senior status and is based on outstanding academic achievement.
- Dr. Kimon Bournazos Memorial Scholarship: This award is given to HRM majors who demonstrate scholarship (3.5 GPA or higher), leadership, interpersonal and communications skills and who plan to work as HR managers.
- Timmy Parker Memorial Pay it Forward Scholarship in Management: This award goes to a full-time or part-time upper class student with a major or minor in the study of management. This student must exemplify the following character traits and commitment to the principle of “paying it forward” by exhibiting a positive attitude toward others and the future, a balance in his/her life related to family, friends, work education, athletics and the arts. Most importantly, the recipient must live boldly in the world with a determination to be a positive change agent in whatever he/she endeavors to accomplish.
General eligibility requirements
- Must be accepted into the B.B.A. professional level and have a signed management major, human resource management major, entrepreneurship major or management minor slip on file.
- Must have a minimum of 56 credit hours completed prior to the start of the fall 2016 semester.
- Must have a graduation date of December 2017 or later.