The following are options for international and domestic graduate students who would like to strengthen their English and writing skills:
- Center for Academic Success: Provides free one-on-one writing assistance for class assignments or personal writing to WMU students in all disciplines, including graduate students. Graduate students enrolled in programs at regional campuses or in online classes may take advantage of telephone or Skype consultations. Visit the Writing Center website for more information or to make an appointment using their online scheduler.
- Mentoring for Success: (269) 387- 4799. This is a state-funded program offered by the Office of Multicultural Affairs. It is advertised for undergraduates in special target populations, who will be given priority; however, the program is also available to international graduate students, after the target populations have been served, as well. There are no fees. Visit the Mentoring for Success website for more details.
- Department of English and CELCIS: The following are two undergraduate-level courses that may also provide a benefit to students interested in enhancing their English/writing skills. They are each 5-credit hours, which represents a cost to international students. Some countries may agree to sponsor the fees for their students, but inquiries must be made beforehand. ENG: 3600/ Academic English ENG: 3610/Proficiency in English
- CELCIS Tutoring: CELCIS offers tutoring. Fees range from approximately $20 to $40 per hour. Please refer to the CELCIS Tutor's List on the CELCIS website.
- Bernhard Center Bulletin Board: Postings by students willing to tutor in English or writing, as well as postings by students in need of tutorial support appear on the wall located near the bank.