Students choosing the Master of Arts in Philosophy non-thesis option at Western Michigan University must complete the following in addition to the general requirements.
- Complete at least one course (no less than three credit hours) in each of the three concentration areas (the "breadth requirement").
- Complete at least three courses (no less than nine credit hours) in one of the concentration areas (the "depth requirement").
- Complete a minimum of 24 credit hours of 5000 or 6000 level courses in the Department of Philosophy.
- Complete a minimum of 30 graduate credit hours. With the authorization of the department graduate advisor, students may count up to eight credit hours of courses from other departments.
- Meet the Graduate College requirements.