| WMU News
KALAMAZOO, Mich.—This event has been canceled.
Guest pianist Tim Ehlen and Western Michigan University faculty members will host Piano Day from 1 to 6 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 15, in the Dalton Center Recital Hall. The free event is designed to provide high school students and teachers with the opportunity to experience a taste of piano study at WMU. The event is free and open to the public.
Ehlen will be joined by WMU faculty members Silvia Roederer, Lori Sims and Jeremy Siskind.
- 12:30 p.m.—check-in
- 1 p.m.—welcome
- 1:15 p.m.—classical master class, Silvia Roederer
- 2 p.m.—evening performance preview, Tim Ehlen
- 2:30 p.m.—break
- 2:45 p.m.—jazz master class, Jeremy Siskind
- 3:30 p.m.—tour of the Dalton Center
- 4 p.m.—break
- 4:15 p.m.—classical master class, Lori Sims
- 5 p.m.—roundtable discussion on auditions, practicing and college study
- 8 p.m.—concert, Tim Ehlen
Although WMU Piano Day is a free event, attendees are asked to register in advance by emailing Siskind at email@example.com.
Pianists interested in performing in a master class may send a link to an audio track or video of a recent performance to Siskind at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, contact Siskind at email@example.com or call (269) 387-4678.
For more news, arts and events, visit wmich.edu/news.