| WMU News
KALAMAZOO, Mich.—The Faculty Senate at Western Michigan University has elected its 2014-16 Executive Board.
Except for the immediate past president, members of the board have been elected to serve two-year terms.
Executive Board officers
- President—Dr. C. Dennis Simpson, professor of physician assistant, and director of the Specialty Program in Alcohol and Drug Abuse.
- Past president—Dr. William G. Rantz, professor of aviation sciences.
- Vice president—Dr. Richard Gershon, professor of communication, and co-director of the telecommunications and information management program.
Executive Board directors
- Dr. Osama Abudayyeh—professor and chair of civil and construction engineering, and the College of Engineering and Applied Sciences' associate dean for research and graduate programs.
- Dr. Suzan F. Ayers—professor of human performance and health education.
- Dr. John Jellies—professor of biological sciences.
- Dr. Alan Rea—professor of business information systems.
- Dr. Bret Wagner—associate professor of management.
- Dr. Delores Walcott—professor of interdisciplinary health programs, and director of the Suicide Prevention Program.
The Faculty Senate shares in governing WMU by formulating, reviewing and providing advice on policies and other matters of institutional concern. In addition to its governing members on the Executive Board, the organization's membership includes faculty senators and representatives from departments across campus as well as some administrators.